Background & Experience
Rhonda is a Founding Partner of L&G. Her experience in public accounting and the construction industry spans more than four decades. Rhonda has worked with clients in virtually every area of construction and real estate, from general contractors to specialty subcontractors, from heavy equipment contractors to developers and homebuilders. Rhonda is also fully licensed to sell life insurance and securities to implement financial and retirement planning goals.
Rhonda has a knack for helping clients get the most out of their accounting systems, while maximizing bonding capacity and minimizing taxes. She particularly enjoys helping clients plan for their retirement while employing cutting edge tax reduction strategies. She takes great pleasure in seeing the expression of relief on a client’s face after getting closure on their estate or business succession planning.
A popular guest speaker before contractor and surety associations, Rhonda has helped numerous contractors prepare for litigation when necessary and occasionally serves as an expert witness on construction accounting matters.
While she prefers to be constantly involved with clients, helping them brainstorm, deal with key employees and implement new ideas, Rhonda also presides as L&G’s CEO. In that role, Rhonda sets the pace for everyone at L&G, encouraging our entire professional and administrative staff to be responsive to client needs with creativity, initiative, courtesy and enthusiasm.
- B.B.A. in Accounting Georgia College & State University
- Received CPA license in 1979
Financial Security Licenses Held:
- Series 6
- Series 7
- Series 63
Insurance Licenses Held:
- In Alabama - Life Insurance, Variable Life Insurance, Variable Annuity Products
- In Florida - Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Variable Annuity Products
- In Georgia - Life Insurance, Variable Annuity Products
- Georgia Utility Contractors Association
- Surety Association of Georgia
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Associated General Contractors
- Construction Financial Management Association
- American Subcontractors Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Hobbies & Interests
Rhonda enjoys spending time with her husband Jimmy and their 3 children, Sydnee, AJ and Matt, and her grandchildren. When time permits, she enjoys traveling to New Smyrna Beach and watching her grandkids enjoy the same beach Rhonda has been going to since she was a baby. She is very adventurous and is always willing to try new things. Just recently, Rhonda zip lined in the rain forest in St. Lucia, ran a half-marathon and Mud Run.